When you post a parcel through a courier network, one of the big advantages is you will be able to track your parcel as it moves through the network.
Parcel tracking is available from most of the big brands, but the tracks available will vary on the courier company.
Most companies offer a collection and delivery scan, whilst others will also enable you to see the tracks onto vehicles and arrivals and departures at sorting centres and delivery offices.
It’s sophisticated technology and usually comes as standard if you post on an express or Timed delivery service.
But how do you, the customer benefit?
Here are a few ideas:
- Peace of mind: Your parcel is not disappearing into a void. You will be able to track its whereabouts online using your unique tracking number.
- Customer service: If you are using a courier service to fulfil your own customer orders, you’ll feel more confident handling customer enquiries. That’s because you can check in to view the progress of your items as they progress through the parcel pipeline.
- Professionalism: Parcel tracking brings more accountability and ensures the service you are paying for is carried out properly.
- Confirmation: If you need your item to be somewhere by a specified time, parcel tracking information will enable you to confirm it actually happened. You no longer have to second guess or make inconvenient calls and enquires. Instead search online using your unique barcode number.
- Visibility: Many couriers collect the name and signature of the person who received your parcel and you can view this online. It means you have more information to hand if the intended recipient claims their item never arrived.