It is always best to arrange for someone to be at the collection address ready to hand the parcel over to the driver. However, if you need to go out and leave your parcel “behind bins”, you can simply leave a note on the door for the driver. This is at your own risk and at the drivers discretion and they are within their rights to refuse. If a signature is not taken there is nothing proving that the parcel was ever collected should it become lost/damaged in transit & you have to make a claim for it.
Alternatively, if you have booked a Yodel or City Link service, you could drop your parcel off at the depot. Please see “Can I drop my parcel at a Depot?”
Please note – This does NOT apply to the “by Air” services. The driver will need to check the contents of the parcel when collecting
- Do I need a Printer?
- Do I need to wrap or box my item?
- The courier failed to collect my parcel, what now?
- What is a Commercial Invoice?
- What happens if there is no-one to receive the parcel when it is being delivered?
- I have entered the wrong address or need to change my booking
- The parcel dimensions are the wrong way around!
- I’m not sure of the exact size or weight of my package?
- Can I leave a note for the driver?
- What address details do I need to write on my package?