Parcel courier services have really stepped up in recent years to offer a professional reliable service. Although not every parcel courier is the same so you need to do a bit of digging to ensure you get what you want when sending a parcel by a courier service.
Here’s a list of useful questions to ask when arranging a parcel delivery:
- What delivery specification do you require? Do you need a Timed product, Next Day Delivery, or a longer delivery window?
- Where is your parcel going? Is your parcel staying within the UK or is it going abroad? As a side point do remember that parcels being delivered overseas are subject to customs rules and regulations. This blog contains some useful information – https://www.collectmyparcel.com/blog/making-customs-easy/973/
- Is your delivery address in a postcode exclusion zone? Deliveries to some UK postcodes take longer to arrive due to their geographical location (e.g. the Scottish Highlands etc).
- When is your collection deadline? Do you need a Sameday collection service (different couriers have different cut-offs) or can you wait until tomorrow?
- Do you need to minimise your delivery costs? Couriers must compete on price. It’s worth shopping around each time you post as different couriers will be cheaper dependant on the size & weight of parcel that you want to send.
- Are you happy to chop and change your parcel courier provider depending on what you send? This is a good tactic for saving money.
A really quick and easy way to get quotes from a range of couriers is to use collectmyparcel.com and let them compare the courier quotes instantly for you. They also have a live chat facility where you can ask questions about what different couriers provide and get some help to choose which courier is right for you.
Make your parcel delivery easy!